The Rocky Mountain Student Media Corporation offers students practical experience producing media for the campus community. The student-run media include the Rocky Mountain Collegian, Campus Television (CTV), KCSU-FM radio, and College Avenue magazine. All offices are located in the Lory Student Center. Students gain experience as reporters, news editors, producers, page designers, television news, weather and sports anchors, disc jockeys, managers, music directors, advertising sales associates, video editors, sports reporters, talk show hosts, and more. Students working for these media have earned more than 500 regional and national awards since 1990. The organization is a co-curricular program which provides students with outstanding professional experience that is valued highly by Colorado media managers who make hiring decisions.
- Student-produced publications and electronic programs consistently rank among the nation’s best and that serve campus readers, viewers, and listeners
- Diversity in coverage, representation, and training, in concert with University diversity goals, as well as a welcoming environment for staff and visitors
- Systems, cutting-edge technology, and training programs that help educate the next generation of thoughtful, ethical, and skilled journalists and media producers
- A financially strong organization, drawing on our student and professional sales staff, as well as our established student-fee subsidy
- A marketing and distribution strategy that allows our media to be read, listened to, and watched by the greatest number of CSU community members possible
- Collaborative and co-curricular efforts with the Division of Student Affairs and the Department of Journalism and Media Communication–as well as other divisions, departments, and units, both inside and outside the University–that don’t jeopardize students’ ability to make content decisions for all Student Media